Monday 11 May 2009

Lola by Marc Jacobs


Marc Jacobs introduced a new fragrance called Lola. When I heard the name Lola it reminded me of how Lindsay Lohan's character called herself in the confessions of a teenage drama queen. I know I should be ashamed of such ludicrous act. Marc Jacobs said that he finds perfume an important part of life. He told Vogue that perfume is as important as accessories, shoes and bags. It doesn't only add flavour but it's a luxury everyone can afford. He likes the fact that he can offer more choices, because he likes to use a certain perfume depending on his mood. I'd say: It will definitely be something you can afford at his store without pretending you're in a museum.


Marc Jacobs described Lola as being 'sensual, flirtatious and warm spirited different than the sweet and innocent Daisy.' In other words it's the sexy old sister of Daisy. The odouriferous perfume consists of pink peppercorn, ruby red grapefruit, pear d'anjou, fuchsia peony, rose, vanilla, tonka bean and musk. Sounds delicious to me! The bottle shape differs per size. It will hit Bloomingsdale in August and it will be available in Holland in autumn.◆

F.S

No comments: