Saturday 14 March 2009

Male Model Revolution!

A seventeen-year-old fresh face from South East London, Ashley Stymest, better known as Ash, has turned everyone upside down with his bad ass youthful British rebellious punk looks. 

The young restless has been championed by top photographers and the fashion industry's influential people, earning himself a spot next to Josh Beech and Cole Mohr owning the 'Punk' aesthetic. Ash has already graced quite a few covers of big fashion magazines, namely Dazed & Confused, spanish Electric Youth, Japanese Vogue hommes, Another man, Arena Homme plus etc. He is also amongst the very few male models to walk for the Balenciaga spring/summer 2009 show.You guys can enjoy Ash and his mates' 50's style and rock and roll band called: The Mannequins. See below a short interview with Ash taken by allthenewyoungdudes about his band. 

I've seen Ash many times in I-D and various other magazines, but I had never payed close attention to him, until I was literally forced to check out his photo's on the web by my close friend Florentine. I have to admit, he's a good catch. I've heard many people complain that the punk look is overdone, the market is drowning in them and that they're all Josh Beech wannabees. I must say the punk look has been around for decades and there are millions of kids walking around in London and elsewhere carrying these punk looks. It's rather unlikely to have millions of Josh Beech copycats, isn't?

F.S

1 comment:

T. Linh said...

i love ash... he's amazing